We had a great time over at the Outer Banks. Took a LONG Ferry ride, Dan enjoyed it, I thought it was boring LOL. All we saw was water and once in awhile a Shrimp boat. I did enjoy seeing the light houses and due to my left hip hurting from all this walking I could not climb up all the steps and by the time we got there they were about to close so I was content not going up.We could not believe all the rental beach houses. Almost everyone had a rental sign on it. We saw many that had special shutters on them to close over the windows when storms are approaching. Dan just shook his head and said he'd never live on the beach where powerful storms could hit you.
Dan decided to do a bunch of Geo Caching so that was my chance to go shopping- Hooray!!! I did buy a new swimsuit and got a free T-shirt that says " Outer Banks " on it.
Went to "Dirty Dick's" Seafood restaurant one night for Seafood dinner and then Henry's Restaurant another night after we did the Wright Brothers at Kitty Hawk. Both places had great food.
I got a kick out of seeing this Flying Saucer along the side of the road and was really curious. I guess at one time it used to be a hot dog stand. Scary alien masks were inside the windows of the " Alien Ship", funny attraction. We had fun just exploring this area, lots to see and very much a young tourist area from what they were selling in the shops.

No comments:
Post a Comment